Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 9

Day 9 - Talk about a cooking disaster

Well, the most recent would be making my 3 year old's birthday cake.  He loves carrot cake, so I decided to make it from scratch, which is normal for me when I bake.  I enjoy using fresh ingredients and really creating something yummy, I am not a box cake mix person.  Well, after two hours trying to bake with both of my boys running through the kitchen, sometimes helping, sometimes upset I finished mixing the cake and put it in the oven.  I looked at the counter and found my eggs for the batter still sitting behind the mixer, and was unsure  how much baking soda and baking powder I had added if any at all.  The cake came out and tasted decent, but was soooo thin.  I ran out of time and ended up buying the box mix.  I did however make my own cream cheese frosting and marshmallow fondant.   Did I mention I also had to decorate this sucker and this was only my second time using fondant!  He wanted a Peter Pan and Captain Hook cake, here is how it turned out:
My brother shares a birthday with my oldest boy, so I made a cake for him too.


The Peter Pan Cake, and oh boy was it sooooo yummy :)




No comments: