Day 14 - 15 Tips to get through Life
1. Don't take yourself too seriously, if you do you are going to miss out on so much fun.
2. Laugh with your whole being every day. A belly laugh is so good for you!!! Laughing releases endorphins and is contagious, laugh with others and laugh with yourself :)
3. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" I hear this one a lot, always be grateful and do not criticize others' generosity. They would not be doing it if they didn't want to.
4. Play!!! When we age we think we have to stop playing and become an adult, when we have a family we forget what it's like to play and have to relearn. Play with your children, show them how fun imagination and creativity can be.
5. Explore, show your family the world, even if it's in your own back yard. Talk to your children about the earth, plants, animals, bugs and all things in nature. Teach them to respect the planet and be grateful for all life.
6. Dance and Sing. Take time to be silly, turn up the stereo and dance around the house or sing. I find this is a great way to cut loose and play with the kids.
7. Listen to your body. If you are doing something that does not feel right, then trust your instinct and stop!
8. Be kind to your body: Nourish it, exercise it, and make sure you give it plenty of rest. It is the only one you get.
9. " Lokah Samastah Sukino Bhavantu" - May all beings everywhere be filled with peace, and may my thoughts, words and actions contribute to that peace. In other words be kind to al creatures human or animal. We all have a purpose on this earth.
10. Take the road less traveled, allow yourself to tread in unfamiliar waters. There is an amazing world out there so go check it out :)
11. Don't hold a grudge. This is a biggie for so many of us. We get hurt to a point where we think it's impossible to forgive, but forgiveness takes the weight off of your heart and allows peace to come to you.
12. Get up and get moving, do not spend your life sitting at a computer or in front of the TV. Take a walk and enjoy life
13. indulge on occasion. It is okay to eat a piece of candy, have expensive coffee or buy a new pair of shoes just don't overdo it.
14. Make time for yourself even if it's only 5 minutes a day.