Monday, May 21, 2012

http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/flatschallengebutton125.png

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting theannouncement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  


Monday- “What Do I Expect to Learn/ Why I’m Taking the Challenge”

I actually answered our first question a little bit last night.   I think as a society we are spoiled, and we take so many things for granted.  I have a washing machine and a dryer, we have a house in the burbs, we have two cars and a meal on our plate every day.  It is hard to imagine what things are like for a family who cannot afford these "luxuries"  So I am taking this challenge as a way to walk a day in someone else's shoes.  To show others how simple and inexpensive cloth can really be and to gain a better appreciation for the things we have in our live...those modern conveniences.

Keep your eyes peeled, tonight I will be adding pictures to show how our first day went! :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

I know I'm spoiled. This has gotten me thinking abotu how many things I have to be thankful for!!