Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 7



Day 7 - What I have learned


Wow, this has been an incredible week, I am so happy with how well this has gone.  I was nervous about taking this challenge, if I could really stand doing this for a whole week, or if I would wimp out thinking about how much work this was going to be.


The crazy thing is, it wasn't a crazy amount of work, it was a little more than what I do on any normal day.  I try to make sure that I keep at least some order in the house, do several loads of laundry, try to get the dishes done and try to keep the house as held together as possible....unfortunately most of these chores get done late in the evening after the boys are in bed, because unless I put them in one room for the whole day, every time I clean it is a disaster within minutes :).





I LOVE the smell and brightness of my flats, I have noticed less odor, bright whiteness and an overall cleanliness that my diapers have shown over the last week.  I cannot even imagine what our savings is in water alone.





 I am contemplating doing the 30 day challenge that is running June 4 to July4, and if that goes well I will likely change over to full time handwashing.  I will also purchase a washboard :)  and discipline myself to work more on EC. 




 If I do the 30 day challenge I will update the blog frequently so if anyone wants to continue hearing about my handwashing journey make sure you 'follow' my blog :)

Ladies, it has been an incredible journey this week, I 
love reading your blogs and having a support system.

Please stop by and see what others are saying about their week of handwashing and flats




No comments: