Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snow and The Cincinnati Zoo




This morning we awoke bright and early and were invited to the zoo with our friends Nichole, Kyle, Asher and Naphtali.  This was our 5th day at the zoo since last Monday, and it was wet and chilly, but we had a wonderful time.  It's not often that you go to the zoo and there are only two cars in the parking lot....other than the people who work there.  After a rough night and an early morning the boys and I were in need of some time out of the house and there was no better place to be today.  


The boys and I truly enjoy the companionship of our friends, all of the kids are between 9 mos and a year apart in age, so they all get along and play well.  We got to see the Giraffes, Elephants, goats, cows, bulls and sheep along with the polar bears who were playing this afternoon and the mystic manatee.  I think after being at a park or the zoo everyday for the last week and a half is finally hitting the boys and both crashed as soon as their little heads hit the pillows tonight.  I am hopeful that we will get a good nights sleep.  Also, twice this week Daniel has pooped on the potty!!!  I know, I'm mommy and I get really excited when he actually uses the potty.  He also goes in public restrooms with no problem and I am thankful for that.  Joseph is getting so close to taking his first steps...he can stand on his own for a few seconds, but I think he likes to crawl better.  

I received my business cards for Earth Mother Moon Baby Boutique today so that was another plus in my book.  I am having so much fun with my knitting right now, I can't wait to get some items finished and posted on my FB page and the website.  Hopefully by the end of the month we will be able to hook up to paypal as well.

I am meeting with Susan this weekend at Cakery Bakery in Anderson to discuss what Joseph's birthday cake is going to look like.  His birthday theme is The Backyardigans, and invitations will be going out next Monday :)  The party is on March 3 and I hope to see many of our family and friends there.

No comments: