Thursday, December 9, 2010

St. Nicholas' Visit and Updates From the Week


What a wonderful cozy family weekend we had, it was cold and dreary, but we enjoyed spending the whole weekend doing things as a family.  

St. Nicholas Day falls on December 6th each year, but since the 6th fell on a Monday this year we decided to have it a day early.  On Saturday night Daniel went to bed and when he awoke Sunday morning we told him to look by his tree and see if there was anything in his shoes.  He loves the lights on his tree, so of course that was the first thing to grab his attention.  Then he looked inside his shoe and saw that St. Nick left him a train called Stanley.  So much fun to see his face light up when he gets trains, or even hears a train.  












Daniel has been a very busy boy this week, even skipping naps, he has so much energy it's amazing.  He isn't the only one who is energetic this week, his brother has been bouncing, flipping and kicking like crazy too, I swear it's almost 24/7.  It is starting to interrupt mommy's sleep, as well as the fact that my body is starting to get achy, especially around my pelvis and lower back.  Went to see my midwife this Wednesday and everything looks great.  I have no swelling, which I started to get around this time with the last pregnancy, and I should hear by Monday how my iron and glucose levels are.  Tomorrow we will be at 28 weeks, hard to believe it is going so fast.

Our friends Phil and Amber are getting married on February 5, 2011 so with that in mind, we are hoping baby will allow us one last night out together, before making his appearance.  Daniel will be staying at Grandma and Grandpas since Bowling Green, KY is about 3 hrs away.  I am also planning a women's yoga workshop the last weekend in January.  I am currently waiting to receive my prenatal license for yoga...I have to renew my insurance, pay my license fee and renew my CPR before I will be sent my certificate, so it will likely come in January as well.

So that's our update for this week, hope to write more over the weekend.




No comments: