Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas



It is 11:00 at night, Daniel has been in bed for a little over an hour and daddy and mommy are sitting and enjoying the quiet time.  After a night out looking for a Christmas tree we finally got one!!  It is a Colorado Spruce I believe, and although fake, it is our first full size family tree, and I am very happy with it.  It is a 6.5 ft prelit tree and it is ready and waiting for us to decorate with Daniel tomorrow.  Of course, we do have a 2 ft. tree as well, which will be put in Daniel's room this year.  His stocking is also ready for Saturday night, since St. Nicholas will be visiting and leaving a little something for a good little boy.  

I am hopeful that maybe next year I will be able to get a boot for each of the boys, since that is traditionally what St. Nicholas fills on the evening of  December 5.  

Our nativity is also set up now, although I had to put it up on top of our dining room table due to the fact that it is porcelain and could easily be broken.  Someone else has been interested in our tree...I think our kitty Abby might enjoy the tree as a napping place.

No comments: