Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy First Birthday Daniel Glenn!





At exactly 1:36 this afternoon, Daniel officially turned one year old!  What an exciting, wonderful and fast year we've had.  I spent the night last night, remembering how our journey to this point began.  We went to Good Sam Hospital at 9:00 pm on May 3, 2009.  At about 10:00 pm, I was getting my IV and Pitocin.  I remember trying to use the birthing ball, and even trying to walk...of course, the nurse kept on telling me to sit still or stay in my room because the fetal monitor kept slipping.  It was a long night, but around 6:30ish in the morning, my water was broken.  I finally started FEELING labor pains, and after about two and a half hours I decided that I wanted the epidural so that I could get some sleep.  I went from 3 cm to 10 in about 2.5  hours, then with about ten contractions my son was born and in my arms.

This year has been the most exciting, scary, beautiful, amazing, and exhausting years of my life...I wouldn't change a thing.  

















No comments: