Saturday, April 24, 2010

Daniel Gets His First Ear Infection. :(

Boy, what a week!  I know it's been a while since I have updated everyone, this week has been a challenge.  Daniel had a wonderful weekend last weekend, but on Monday he started running a low grade fever.  I figured I'd give him a bit of Tylenol, and it was probably just his teeth.   Boy was I mistaken!  Daniel woke up at 2:30 in the morning and sent mommy and daddy into a panic...he spike a fever of 103.8...but was acting just fine.  We immediately called to talk to the on call nurse, who politely said to watch his fever and if it went up to 105 to take him to Children's.  We were up most of the night and in the morning took his temp which was only down to 102.4...we were not satisfied and neither was sitto.  Brian and I took him over to see Dr. Norby...and found out that our little guy had a double ear infection.   Well, we almost made it through the first year with nothing more that a scratch or mild cold.  He is now 5 days into his antibiotics, and is starting to sleep better through the night. Poor thing, he is doing a lot of ear rubbing, and now since the antibiotics are giving him Diareha he has a sore red bottom.   We are getting him to take naps during the day, and keeping him pumped full of Ibuprofen and Tylenol...I hope the antibiotics start to kick in soon.   

Although it has been a rough week, I am still just as happy to be big D's mommy.  I wouldn't trade anything that we've experienced.  We have also been shopping for Daniel's birthday presents, I can't wait for him to open them.  It's hard to believe, but my little baby is going to be one in about a week and a half.  My how the time has flown!  :)

No comments: