Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cincinnati Zoo: Our first family trip



What a beautiful peaceful day we had today. Daniel has slept like an angel the last three nights, and he slept in until 6:30 this morning without any night wakings. When we got out of bed, the sun was shining even with a little frost on the cars I just felt so very happy and blessed for all of the wonderful people in my life. I have a wonderful immediate and extended family who care so much about us and what more could you truly ask for.


I knew the weather was going to be wonderful for a walk, and I have been wanting to get up to the zoo, so we decided ( I decided this last night) to take advantage of what Mother Nature is giving to us this weekend and take our family to the zoo. Even though it was still a little chilly, we were able to take jackets and a blankie for Daniel and we were all very comfortable. We were able to see so many of God's creatures today, from the Gorillas to the Peacock, so many magnificent animals. Seeing them is such a wonderful thing, and yet sad to that they are locked up in cages and unable to live the life they were born to live.



This has been a wonderful Saturday that I will always treasure, and I am looking forward to many more visits for Daniel. Daniel, mommy and Grandpa Snodgrass will be going back to the zoo on Monday. I hope that Daniel will appreciate and understand what these beautiful animals bring to our lives and will always be kind to all beings, wheather human or animal.

No comments: