Sunday, February 7, 2010

CATS!



What an absolutely wonderful weekend we have had. One of our Christmas presents were tickets to see the Broadway musical CATS (thanks again Bobby). We woke up Saturday morning, and started getting Daniel's overnight bags, toys, diapers and all other items we could think of to take to grandma and grandpa's house. It's amazing how much you end up pulling together for a night out...surprisingly, it's almost the same amount of stuff we get together for an afternoon with the great grandparents, which we visit once or twice a week for a few hours at a time. Then I decided that it was time to cover up a little gray (I seriously have a ton), style my hair down and even apply a little bit of makeup. By the way, most of you know I live in my yoga clothes, a ponytail and moisturizer...so this was a huge transformation for the evening.

About 1:00 in the afternoon we all piled into our little Ford Focus and were off to the Haungs' house where we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Snodgrass.

I know it may seem ridiculous, but when no one was watching I did shed a few tears, but held it together very well I reckon. Daniel handled his night very well, mom and dad said he went to bed around 9:00 pm, woke up around 3 am for a quick feeding, then slept the rest of the night till about 6:30 am. They said he was the happiest baby, he didn't cry...not even once! He spent his weekend laughing and playing.



After Daniel left, Brian and I went to Red Lobster and had a delicious seafood dinner, including a Sam Adams for Brian and a top shelf Margarita for me, and boy was it great! Then we went to down town Cincinnati's Aranoff Center for CATS! This was a wonderful show, starting out in darkness with cat eyes glowing all over the auditorium, and ending with the beautiful solo Memory. I didn't know the story line, but the end was sad and I did a bit of tearing up...I won't ruin it for those of you who have not yet seen it. Definitely a great show for anyone to see.

After the show we came home and watched the AKC dog show for a while sipping on a glass of Spatlesse then off to bed around 1 am. I think Brian and I were thinking we would likely sleep till noon today, but instead we were up and ready to go at 7:30 this morning. I did not have a hard time sleeping, but I did wake up a few times expecting to hear Daniel talking jibberish to his imaginary friends and standing in his crib with a smile on his face just waiting for mommy and daddy to come get him. It was so strange, how quiet the house was without our little angel...we were stumped about what to do with ourselves.

Our boy is now home though, I am glad he had fun, and our short break was deeply appreciated. We are glad to have Daniel home now, and want to thank Grandma, and grandpa for taking care of our boy... we love you :)

Next night out is girl's night out...Great grandma, grandma, aunt Bev and I are all going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra March 25, and I can't wait!


No comments: