Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, well to all of you who have not heard, we had a very adventurous trip to Sitto and Grandpa's in Sandusky, Ohio. I am going to take you on one of the most interesting days we have had in a while.

So, our morning started wonderful. Daniel and I woke up around ten in the morning after taking a short morning nap. We then went downstairs and mommy made Daniel his breakfast, Oats and bananas. After a wonderful meal I figured, " Hey, my boy is fed and happy, I will put him in his exercauser and let him play while I get busy on housework and start packing for our trip this evening!" Well, this plan did not work out exactly as I had hoped and to make a long story short, mommy neglected herself and spent a few moments napping and crying with Daniel...Oh, the drama!

I felt much better after our little breakdown together, but at 4:30 when we both got up I still had not finished any housework or even started packing. I ended up having Brian help me finish up when he got home for work around 6:00 p.m. I thank my lucky stars for such a caring and understanding husband, we were in the car and on our way at 7:00 p.m.

Around 9:45p.m. and just past the halfway point on our 4 hour journey the car decided it had had enough. It died on the shoulder of Southbound I-71. We were about an hour and a half from Sandusky, and now we were stranded. Brian and I with our six month old baby boy Daniel....this is no fun! We all stayed very calm and waited patiently, bundled up in our car for Mary and Glenn and the towing company to rescue us. We got to Mary and Glenn's around two this morning and finally went to sleep around three. What an adventure for Daniel's first Thanksgiving, it will definitely be one to remember.

Today was much better, we are so thankful for everyone in our family, especially to have inlaws that are willing to come out in the middle of the night and drive almost 2 hours to rescue their son's family. We love you Mary and Glenn! For all of our family and friends near and far, we love you all and wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: