Sunday, November 15, 2009

Growing by leaps and bounds

My baby boy is growing by leaps and bounds. Daniel had his six month appointment on November 9 at 2:00 in the afternoon. Dr. Norby said he is growing very well, and is very impressed by his progress. He is 16 lbs 12 oz, and 26 1/2 inches long. In the past month Daniel has cut his first two teeth (his lower incisors) and is very close to cutting his upper left incisor. He is sitting up tripod style, and is so close to crawling he can almost taste it. He literally gets into a tabletop position and launches his knees forward without moving his hands, so he eats carpet more often than not. I think he will be crawling by the end of November.

Daniel's diet is also changing. Mommy is having so much fun making homemade baby food. So far in the freezer I have Zucchini, Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash, and peas. I will have to start making fruits for him this week. We are starting some new cereal as well, Barley. He seems to like the taste, but we are not yet sure if it is okay on his stomach. I will try it for the next few days and see.

Brian and I are pretty much the same as always. Daddy got to spend the whole day with Daniel today while mommy went out for some me time :). It was needed, although I was missing my boys and ready to see them when I returned home. Brian and Daniel had a great day filled with fun and adventure at Costco. I heard Daniel was VERY interested in the food tastings.

Mommy is starting to bake and cook a lot more, and I have come to the conclusion that my cleaning times from now on will be in the evening after Danny boy goes to bed. He is such a joy to be around, but the only time he naps is if mommy naps with him. Oh well, hopefully the next baby will enjoy nap time as well with mommy, and we can always do our nap time as a group. Keep your fingers crossed, and maybe at this time next year baby number two will be on its way.

No comments: